New Position Applications Welcomed
The Solubility Company is looking for a highly motivated development engineer with hands-on attitude to create, develop and scale-up our cutting-edge SPA™ contract research laboratory business. This role will invent, develop, scale-up and optimize technology and processes within a cross-functional research and engineering team.
The Solubility Company’s mission is to revolutionize pharma industry by providing crucial, and previously unattainable, information about substances in development. The company operates as an early stage preclinical contract research organization (CRO) providing in vitro physicochemical measurement services based on our unique and proprietary image-based SPA™ technology.
The production process is a critical component of the contract research laboratory operations. This role will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to our processes and products. The work environment is demanding, fast-paced, and incredibly exciting. The ideal candidate should be ready to push their limits, as they join in a highly motivated and capable team to make unbelievable things into reality. The place of work is The Solubility Company’s laboratory in Helsinki, Finland and the employment is expected to begin at the latest February 2021.
- Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work
- An open, honest and team-oriented personality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical, and project management skills to effectively translate ideas and insights into actions.
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced and uncertain environment.
- Drive development of new/innovative technologies from proof of concept through to full-scale implementation that enables improved process and product performance and/or cost
- Design, develop and maintain technology to optimize and validate efficient process flow, reduce variability, improve capability, and improve employee safety
- Evaluate existing technology and processes, troubleshoot, and establish controls for critical parameters, improve robustness and ensure adequate metrology and controls are in place
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve efficiency
- Debug technology integration issues to ensure interactions between processes are kept under control
- Ensure that process techniques are in alignment with the corporate goals and quality policy
- Communicate business and technical needs, status, results and observations to operating, technical and business personnel
- Build documentation to accurately define the process to cross-functional teams (quality, production, etc.)
- Provide support, training, and guidance
- Master’s degree with 3+ years relevant experience in interdisciplinary/integrated engineering, process development, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Hands-on experience with mechanical engineering, software development, drawing and 3D modelling, data analysis/interpretation and presentation
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and ability to apply them towards production process development
- Demonstrated capabilities in development for new and unique products
- Be currently eligible to work in the EU
To apply send a copy of your CV with a handwritten covering letter to [email protected] closing date 24th December 2020.